Below is a list of questions that are most commonly asked. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list. We know that you may may other inquiries not on this list.
Do I need a Passport to go to Costa Rica? Yes, you will need an up-to-date passport that does not expire within six months of travel.
Do I need a special Visa to go to Costa Rica? If you have a US Passport you're fine. If you posses a passport from a different country, but have US Residency, please check with your respective country's consulate. For more information you can click here.
- Do I need special vaccines in order to travel to Costa Rica? No vaccines are required, but you may check the the CDC website for optional vaccine recommendations.
- Once I am confirmed on a team and our airline ticket is purchased, how early must I arrive at the airport? Most airlines recommend that you arrive at the airport for check-in at least two hours before your flight.
- Is Costa Rica safe? Yes. We take the proper precautions to ensure that our teams stay safe and away from harms way. As we with any city, we need to be careful of certain areas and use common sense. We cover this extensively in our team trainings.
- How what size team is recommended? Though Envia can handle all sorts of team sizes, we ask for a minimum of 12 people and no more than 20. This is decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Is there an age limit? No. All ages are invited. The nature of the trip will determine the make up the team. We will discuss specifics with every team.
- How long are the trips? They typically range from 6 to 8 days.
- How much does a trip cost? There are many variables that determine the cost of the trip, given that we customize each experience.
- What does the cost include? Air travel, ground transportation, accommodations, meals, project costs and a guide/translator.
- Where do the teams stay? This depends on which community we are
- What will our team be doing? This is determined by the need in the church. There is not one specific thing that every team does. The schedule, events and activities of each team is determined in advance in collaboration with the leadership of the local church.
- Does my trip include insurance? Yes, all of Envia sponsored trips include Trip Armor Insurance and emergency services. This insurance does not cover "trip-cancellation." We discuss the details on this policy during our team meetings.
If you have any other questions, not on this list, please contact us.